Skip to content
Scroll to Top
- Assunta Alumni respects and values the privacy of all members of the Association.
- This Statement is issued pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) and represents Assunta Alumni’s policy with regards to your personal data collected through the membership application and your agreement to the usage and processing of your personal data for purposes set out below.
- “Personal Data” shall mean your name, age, gender, birth date, address, email, mobile number and any other personal information collected, compiled, processed and maintained by Assunta Alumni from time to time.
- Assunta Alumni will receive and collect your Personal Data:
(a) when you sign up as a member of the association;
(b) through any additional information provided by you to Assunta Alumni from time to time in connection with any request for feedback and/or survey or during events organised by the Association; and
(c) when you enter or log into Assunta Alumni’s website
- Your Personal Data will be used by Assunta Alumni for the following purposes:
(a) to process and approve your application / form and for administrative purposes;
(b) to contact and communicate with you, and to provide you with any information relating to the Assunta Alumni, announcements of its activities, events and souvenir merchandise (if any) from time to time;
(c) to respond to any queries and questions from you;
(d) to process, analyse and compile your Personal Data either individually or collectively with other individuals; and
(e) for other purposes which the Assunta Alumni may reasonably deem fit including but not limited to:
sharing and transferring your Personal Data to other entities approved by the Assunta Alumni as part of its alliance association for Alumni event sponsorship. This will however be kept to a minimum if the situation warrants as necessary.
(f) for fraud prevention and detection;
(g) to disclose to all relevant authorities / parties as required under the law and in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and directives.
- Provision of your Personal Data to the Assunta Alumni for the purposes mentioned in paragraphs 5 (a) to (e) above is voluntary and optional. However, your failure to provide the requested Personal Data or any restriction imposed by you against the Assunta Alumni to process your Personal Data will result in the Alumni being unable to carry out its obligations to you as a registered member of the Association, including but not limited to the activities mentioned in paragraphs 5(a) to (e) above.
- Provision of your Personal Data for the purposes listed in paragraphs 5 (f) and (g) above is compulsory / mandatory and your failure or refusal to provide Personal Data for these purposes as required by law will result in the Assunta Alumni not approving your application for membership or discontinuing your membership under the Programme.
- You may submit a request by email or letter to the Assunta Alumni for any of the following :-
(a) if you do not wish to receive any communications from the Assunta Alumni;
(b) if you wish for the Assunta Alumni to stop processing your Personal Data for Alumni-endorsed marketing purposes or any direct marketing purposes;
(c) if you wish to change the manner in which the Assunta Alumni is allowed to process your Personal Data as mentioned in paragraph 5 (a) to (e) above; or
(d) if you wish to access to and/or make any correction to your Personal Data.
ASSUNTA ALUMNI, P.O. Box 6603, Kampung Tunku, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
- The Assunta Alumni reserves the right to revise the conditions under this Statement on “Privacy and Personal Data Policy” from time to time due to changes in applicable laws and regulations and you shall be deemed to have agreed to such revisions(s) without objection if you continue to be a member of the Assunta Alumni.
- By providing your Personal Data to the Assunta Alumni and signing the Membership Application Form of the Assunta Alumni, you hereby acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the “Terms and Conditions” above and the conditions under this Statement on “Privacy and Personal Data Policy”.
- If there is/are any issue(s) to dispute in the Terms & Conditions, you can write in (to the above mentioned address) to terminate your membership within 14 working days from the date you receive this notification.